Busitema University Library has received funding to develop an interactive portal for the Graduate School of Studies, Research and Innovation. In line with the University’s Vision and Mission, the Directorate is mandated to:
- Initiate, nurture and advocate for research activities
- Raise funds for research from non-traditional sources
- Conduct workshops and information sessions for ethics reviews, funding applications, and awards opportunities.
- Create and maintain a current university expert database, and an inventory of business, industry and government agencies with the potential to partner or support research and development.
- Report on internal and external research activity, including publications and funding, contributions to society and the wider economy
- Develop, review and revise policies for research, intellectual property management and commercialization, centers, graduate and undergraduate research, overheads on grants and contracts, etc.;
- Nurture technological innovations into technology-based business enterprises, particularly in the area of agro-technology.
- Liaise with communities, partners and institutions locally and internationally to support research and community outreach.